From its inception the Division of Rheumatology has been an integral support in the Department of Medicine in our triple mission of patient care, teaching and scholarly research.
The Division of Rheumatology provides care for patients with the full spectrum of rheumatic and autoimmune diseases. These include arthritis and allied conditions and disorders of connective tissue. The Arthritis Center is a significant outpatient facility with more than 6,000 patient visits annually. Each year, the consultation service sees approximately 400 inpatients.
Since the inception of the fellowship program in 1976 by John Skokey, MD, PhD, at the University of Illinois there have been an estimated 56 fellows to have completed their fellowship. In addition to the program at University of Illinois, fellows participate in clinical activities at the Jessie Brown V.A., and outpatient consult service at both locations. The goal of the fellowship is to produce Rheumatologists eligible for ABIM Certification in Rheumatology, no other certificates are offered.
Our research faculty focus on molecular pathogenesis of fibrosis, recognition of immunological self from non-self on the basis of autoimmunity, mechanics of inflammation, and novel biologic therapies for Raynaud, immunological and rheumatic diseases. Additional active research programs examine genetic basic of scleroderma, and the long-term outcomes, epidemiology, risk factors and economic burden of chronic arthritis and other rheumatic diseases.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.