The goal of this T32 program is to foster the development of the next generation of MD and PhD scientists engaged in diabetes research, guided by an institutional commitment to promoting diversity and excellence in research. Situated in and committed to serving a community that is known for its diversity, UIC is a major gateway for education and training for underrepresented minorities in Chicago, and it is designated a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), Hispanic Serving Institution (HIS) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) by the US Department of Education. U.S. News & World Report ranked UIC in the top 12 of 262 Carnegie classified institutions for campus ethnic diversity in 2014.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.