Founded in 2017, the Center for Dissemination and Implementation Science (CDIS), housed in the Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago, contributes high-impact, cross-disciplinary scientific knowledge to advance health research and improve health outcomes within the field of dissemination and implementation science. Our work informs theory, intervention development and testing, and the implementation and sustainment of evidence-based programs in real-world settings in the US and globally. With an emphasis on health disparities and health equity, CDIS scholars are engaged in research on the determinants (e.g., facilitators, barriers, etc.), strategies, and constraints of implementation, new and innovative research methods, solutions to implementation challenges, and health and implementation outcomes of diverse public health programs.
CDIS scholars draw on theories and principles from diverse fields (e.g., behavioral and social sciences, public health, medicine, economics, public policy, etc.) and recognize key components of translational research. The primary focus areas of the Center include, but are not limited to, community empowerment, mental health, adolescent sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, substance use, aging, homelessness, intimate partner violence, and urban and global health.
Within the developing field of implementation science, CDIS provides an intellectual and collaborative space for scholars to grow and learn from each other and share resources, creating an environment for more impactful and sustainable implementation science research, practice, and education.
Center for Dissemination and Implementation Science
818 S Wolcott Ave, SRH – 6th Floor
Chicago, IL 60612
Phone: (312) 355-1857
Fax: (312) 996-6893
Email: [email protected]u
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.