1. What residency training is required in order to apply sleep medicine fellowship?
UIC accepts applications from trainees as specified by ACGME. These internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, neurology, psychiatry, otolaryngology, or anesthesiology programs accredited by the ACGME.
2. How long is the fellowship training?
This is a 1 year fellowship program. For candidates interested in a career in academic medicine, appropriate resources and additional training pathways are available at UIC.
3. Is UIC Sleep Medicine interdisciplinary?
Yes, UIC Sleep Medicine training is a two center training program that includes Jesse Brown VA Medical Center. The faculty include sleep medicine board certified pulmonologist, neurologist and pediatrician. Fellows gain experience in dental sleep medicine and behavioral sleep medicine both in the research and clinical settings. Elective rotations are available in neuromuscular clinic for chronic non-invasive ventilation and in ENT and Bariatric program for surgical management of sleep apnea.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.