HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program at UIC. We accept candidates for our 3-year Clinician-Educator program and our 4-year, NIH funded, T-32 research fellowship program. In addition to training individuals to become expert pulmonary and critical care physicians, our program is designed to develop basic, clinical and translational research physician-scientists and career clinician-educators. It is open to physicians who are interested in an academic career and have completed an accredited internal medicine residency program in the United States. The NIH requires applicants for the T-32 physician-scientist program must be US citizens or permanent residents.
We only accept applications submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Your ERAS application must include:
- General ERAS application form
- 3 letters of recommendation
- USMLE transcript and/or COMLEX-USA scores
- Medical school transcript and Dean’s letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- ECFMG (for foreign medical school graduates)
About This Process
As directed on the site, you should complete an application using the MyERAS program. You will need to request your USMLE transcript and letters of recommendation, and track the delivery of all documents listed above to our program.
Once your application is fully submitted in ERAs in its entirety and becomes available to us, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. Interview season is generally late August through the end of October.
Fellow selection will be made through the National Residents Matching Program. You must register with them.
National Residents Matching Program (NRMP)
2540 North St, NW, Suite 201
Washington, DC 20037
If you have any further questions about our program, don’t hesitate to contact our fellowship coordinator:
||ERAS Fellowships Applicant User Guides are available for PDF download|
||MyERAS website is open and applicants can begin submitting their application|
||We begin receiving applications from ERAS and start reviewing|
|Sept – Oct
||Interviews are conducted with selected candidates|
|November||Match results become available for July 1st start date|
|July 1||Fellows begin their training|
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.