Clinical rotations are offered at a variety of sites in the city including the University Hospital, Jesse Brown VA Hospital, and AMITA.
All of our fellows rotate through a very active interventional pulmonary service that offers first-rate procedural training in bronchoscopy (flexible and rigid), endobronchial ultrasound, bedside tracheostomy and PEG tube placement, temporary and long-term chest tube placement, bronchial thermoplasty, medical pleuroscopy, transthoracic needle aspiration, and comprehensive ultrasound assessment.
The University of Illinois hosts the only School of Public Health in the city affording fellows an opportunity to obtain a Masters in Public Health Degree (MPH) during their time here.
Divisional leadership continually promotes collaborative team dynamics and wellness events in a variety of ways. These are fun off-campus social events such as “happy hour” get-togethers, basketball games, and a yearly ICU volleyball tournament. Just recently we had an event at Game Night Out.
We are a diverse group of faculty and fellows dedicated to the continual evolution of a unique fellowship training program in the field of Pulmonary and Critical Care medicine. Utilizing a variety of resources available at the UIC Campus, we aim to provide opportunities for trainees to explore and develop interests in a range of disciplines from the social sciences to basic biology as they pertain to the promotion of respiratory health and improved outcomes of critical illness. Both within our own medical center and with collaborations between multiple hospitals and clinics in the city and surrounding areas, we offer top-notch clinical training composed of opportunities to gain experience in all facets of our field. As part of our role within the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System, we strive to accomplish our academic and training missions while providing high-quality care to underserved populations, and focusing on reducing health care disparities. Finally and most importantly, all of the faculty in our Division are dedicated to achieving our primary goal of cultivating the next generation of leaders in Pulmonary and Critical Care medicine in a humanistic environment closely allied with the interests and aspirations of our fellows.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.