Dr. John Christman joined the faculty in July 2004 to become the third Section Chief with a mission to expand and lead a research program. Prior to moving to UIC, Dr. Christman was Chief of the Pulmonary Section at the Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Health Care System and a Professor of Medicine at Vanderbilt University. Dr. Christman’s research program was funded by both the NIH and the Department of Veterans Affairs to investigate macrophage gene regulation and the role of macrophages in the pathogenesis of neutrophilic lung inflammation and pulmonary host defense. Under Dr. Christman’s leadership, the section added the specialties of Allergy and Sleep to its banner, becoming known as the Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy. Dr. Christman left UIC in 2013 to become the Director of the Critical Care Signature Program and Chief of the Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care, and Sleep at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus OH.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.