The Summer 2024 program will run from June 24, 2024 to August 16, 2024.
Application Deadline: January 19
Applications open on November 1
Download the application here: SRTP 2024 Application
If you are unable to download the application, please contact Natalie Meza at email@example.com to receive a copy by email.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Completion of the first year of medical school by the start of the program
Components of the Application
- Research proposal 3-4 pages in length, followed by a bibliography.
- The research proposal should include the following elements:
- Cover Page: title of the proposal, student name, T35 research mentor’s name
- Specific Aims: principal aim(s) of the research project; a summary of the questions the student will ask and the methods that will be used.
- Background and significance: information to help the reviewer understand the context of the questions the student is asking and why they are important, as well as the clinical and/or basic science significance of anticipated outcome(s).
- Research proposal should include the following section: project aims, background/rationale, methods, resources needed, timeline and benchmarks to be achieved during the summer program, and project goals beyond the summer.
- Letter of support from mentor which should include the following information:
- Skills that the student will acquire with his/her work during the program.
- Prior experience track record in mentoring.
- Plan for supervision, including frequency of meetings, how progress will be assessed, and how feedback will be provided to trainees.
- Personal statement describing how the program will affect professional development (one-page limit).
- Student applicant resume/curriculum vitae including prior research experience.
If you missed our informational session on November 29, 2023, you can view the recording here.