Hematology/Oncology Curriculum Overview
Fellows complete inpatient and outpatient rotations at our university hospital and our affiliated hospital in the Chicago area to obtain exposure to a wide assortment of oncologic and hematologic disorders. Off-site experience includes rotations at the Jesse Brown VA Hospital. The program also offers special elective rotations in gynecology-oncology, radiation oncology, palliative, breast imaging, hematopathology, stem cell transplantation, and sickle cell disease.
In recent years, our clinical and research faculty has been significantly expanded, providing fellows with more individualized learning and greater access to different research projects.
The Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program at UIC has been oriented towards training physicians that have an interest in academic medicine. The program lasts three years and includes all of the American Board of Internal Medicine requirements board certification eligibility in both medical oncology and hematology. The program can accommodate physicians interested in both laboratory-based research as well as clinical research. The program offers 18 months of protected laboratory to fellows that are interested in laboratory-based research. Alternatively, individuals with an interest in clinical research are provided with a curriculum to develop a career in clinically based academic medicine.
Weekly Conference Schedule
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it’s exactly “additionalAnchor”).
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a “#” in front of it. (Example, we have a “chief” section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to “#chief”)
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor’s HYPERLINK WITHOUT the “#”, i.e. “chief”.
- (If using side bar widget box, then there’s a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.