Pre-doctoral and post-doctoral trainees will have a period of 4-6 weeks of rotations in different laboratories to meet different mentors. During this process of rotation, trainees will be exposed to the different areas of research available through the program. Trainees should be able to freely choose a mentor and a primary area of research. For the Research Track GI fellows, the first two years of GI fellowship will be supported by the training program and 75-80 % of time is protected for research. The main components of the training programs include:
- Mentored research supervised by one primary established mentor and regularly assessed and evaluated (once every three months) by the research mentoring committee.
- Didactic coursework that will be tailored to the individual needs for each trainee. Grant writing workshops and courses will also be offered to develop the skills to write successful NIH grant applications. Trainees are expected to submit a career development award at the end of the training program.
- The program offers variety of academic research and clinical seminars, journal clubs and lectures to engage trainees with adepts in the field of Gastroenterology and expose them to current advances in the field.
- All trainees will be required to attend at least one annual national meeting and have the opportunity to present their research work.
INSTRUCTIONS: In order to add a sidebar anchor:
- Duplicate the existing item, listed as a 1/6 text field. (Or create a 1/6 column and add a text field, modify the class so it's exactly "additionalAnchor").
- Modify the text field inside the 1/6 column. Inside there, modify the HYPERLINK so that it would go to a corresponding section with a "#" in front of it. (Example, we have a "chief" section on the page, then it would make sense to have the hyperlink go to "#chief")
- Then change the hyperlink TEXT to a appropriate label.
- IMPORTANT: If not done already, go into that CONTAINER that corresponds to your anchor (i.e. Meet The Chiefs), and add an ID matching the anchor's HYPERLINK WITHOUT the "#", i.e. "chief".
- (If using side bar widget box, then there's a saved copy of a widget box COLUMN, grab it in the column library, it should 1/6 of a length of a column.)
NOTE: Order added to the sidebar is from last to first.