Welcome to the Department of Medicine’s Cardiology online training curriculum. We make available these UMedic® programs that are proven to teach bedside skills while providing all elements of the complete patient evaluation and treatment.
Bedside skills in UMedic® are taught through video demonstrations of “Harvey,” The Cardiopulmonary Patient Simulator, a full-size manikin that simulates the findings of essentially any cardiac disease.
A consortium of cardiologists and educators from 11 medical centers across the country has reviewed each program and updated them to include:
- The most current procedures for patient evaluation
- The most current medical and surgical therapy
- The addition of pulmonary findings for each condition
- UMedic® teaches thousands of learners annually at medical centers worldwide
- Used at all medical schools in the UK
- UMedic® videos used in the American Board of Internal Medicine and Royal College of Canada certification examinations.
UMedic Cardiology online training series emphasizes pathophysiology and bedside skills and includes:
• Series 1-4 & Essential Cardiac Auscultation
• Essential ECG I, II, III