Telemedicine in Practice Curriculum
The Telemedicine in Practice Curriculum is a five module program designed to familiarize resident physicians with the practice of medicine in an online environment where the patient and a second healthcare provider are located at a remote location from the physician. The program has been developed by the departments of Medical Education and Internal Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC). Development of the program has been supported by a grant from the UIC Council for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
Program activities include:
- Multimedia lessons (speakers or a headset required)
- Interactive learning activities
- Simulated patient encounters
- Participation in actual patient care via telemedicine
- Pretests, posttests, and a course evaluation