Technical Requirements & Resources
Support Staff Email: email@example.com
Our classrooms have wireless internet access. When you are on campus, connect via the UIC WiFi network. Go to “www.accc.uic.edu/service/wireless” or click on one of the links below to print instructions for connecting your wireless device to the UIC WiFi network:
- UIC WiFi for Android
- UIC WiFi for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
- UIC WiFi for Mac OS X 10.7
- UIC WiFi for Windows
For those of you on the on-campus track, on the first day of class, our support staff will be available to help you set up your laptop to access UIC WiFi.
You will need three required components:
- Web Browser You will need a current version of your preferred Web browser, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- E-mail You will need an email account to communicate with your instructors. As a student at UIC, you have or can be assigned a UIC account. However, use of this account is not required. Be sure that the MHPE office has your preferred email address on file.
- Documents Most of the materials found in the course sites will be available using MS Office components or Adobe Acrobat.You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view files Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), a common format for exchanging documents on the Internet. Here you can Get the Free Acrobat Reader. Instructions provided there will help you with download and installation.Once you have installed the Acrobat Reader, you can set it up to work with your web browser. See the Acrobat Setup Guided Tour. (Will open in new window).If you have difficulty opening any of the course materials, please contact the support staff by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Audio and Video (optional) At this time, most DME online courses do not rely heavily on the use streaming audio or video. If the use of video or audio is required, you will be supplied with the links to the appropriate free plugins.
- PowerPoint Presentations (optional) Some presentations will be made in PowerPoint format. To view these presentations, you will need MS PowerPoint or the PowerPoint Viewer for Windows.