- Fall 2022 – December 1, 2021
(Applicants to the MHPE program will be admitted only once per year in the Fall.)
- Applicant must have earned a Baccalaureate degree or an advanced professional degree in a health professions discipline. Applicants with a degree in a related field and significant experience in a health professions setting will also be considered.
- Applicant’s previous grade point average must be above 3.75 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the exam of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the Pearson’s PTE Academic. The test score cannot be more than two years old. For English proficiency test score minimums, reporting requirements, and exemptions, see the UIC Admissions International Requirements page for more details.
- International applicants must provide a financial statement from their sponsoring institution; or, if personally financing their studies, they must provide a bank statement attesting to sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses for one year. For more details, please see the UIC Admissions International Requirements page.
- Applicant must hold a position in educational leadership or be actively preparing for such a role.
- Applicant must submit registrar-issued transcripts from each college and professional school attended.
- Applicant must submit a written statement of their professional goals (personal statement), a CV, and three letters of recommendation.
1. Graduate College Electronic Web Application
The application fee for graduate applicants (domestic and international) is $70, effective July 1, 2015. Effective July 1, 2020, there will be an additional $100 international credential evaluation fee for any applicant presenting international course work requiring an evaluation regardless of residency.
2. All applicants are required to upload all of their documents and academic credentials electronically to satisfy both program-specific requirements and admission/institutional requirements. For more details on the document upload process, please visit the UIC Admissions page. Note: all uploaded documents must be in PDF form.
Documents/materials to upload:
- Personal Statement Form
- Three letters of recommendation (cover sheet form)
- Copies of registrar-issued transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
Please note that only admitted applicants will need to provide official, paper transcripts. Once admitted, official transcripts must be sent directly from post-secondary institution in a sealed envelope to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts should not be mailed before a student is admitted.
3. International students will need to upload the following additional documents/materials:
- IELTS score report, if applicable. TOEFL or PTE Academic scores must be reported to UIC directly from the testing agency.
- Declaration of Certification of Finances (graduate)
- Bank Statement or Letter of Financial Support
- Copy of passport