Thank you for your interest in the University of Illinois at Chicago Family Practice Residency. We accept applications for residency through the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) and the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
All applicants must participate in ERAS and must be registered with the National Resident Matching Program (NMRP) in order to be considered for a position.
All applicants must have passed the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 before being considered for a residency position.
Graduates of US Medical Schools
The NRMP code number for the UIC Family Medicine Residency Program is 1150120.
Graduates of US Osteopathic Schools
Applicants who have graduated or will graduate from an accredited osteopathic medical school in the United States must have passed the USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Step 1 before being considered for a residency position.
Graduates of Medical Schools Located Outside of the United States
Applicants who have graduated or will graduate from medical schools outside of the United States must meet the criteria listed below before being considered for a residency position.
- Hold a medical degree from a school listed in the World Health Organization Directory of Medical Schools, fulfilling all educational requirements to practice medicine in the country where the degree was obtained.
- Have passed the USMLE Step 1. Have a valid ECFMG certificate if already graduated from medical school.
- Either be a US citizen or have legal authorization to work in the United States. UIC Family Medicine does not sponsor visas.
Preliminary Selection Criteria
All applicants are considered on an individual basis. However, unless an applicant has other outstanding characteristics it is unlikely that an invitation to interview will be extended to applicants that do not meet the following criteria:
- Substantial clinical experience in the United States
- Graduation from medical school within the last three years
Following review of all completed application documents, selected applicants will be contacted for interviews to be scheduled during the months of October, November, December and January. Applicants are responsible for the completeness of their files. Applications are not usually reviewed after November 1st.