Honors & Awards 2021
- Department Faculty of the Year Award
- College of Medicine Faculty of the Year Award
- Evelyn Figueroa’s paper “Lowering Gestational Diabetes Risk by Prenatal Weight Gain Counseling” has been selected for honorable mention as part of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine 2021 Research Paper of the Year Award.
- Rising Star Award
- Memoona Hasnain’s paper “Contributions of US Medical Schools to Primary Care (2003-2014): Determining and Predicting Who Really Goes into Primary Care” received the 2021 Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Paper of the Year Award.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Legacy Honoree
- College of Medicine M3 Golden Apple Award
- Linda K. Gunzburger Resident Award for Excellence in Scholarship
- Recognized as Chicago’s Top Doctor along with 91 UI health Physicians and surgeons, across 38 specialties