Basics of Pages
Parts of a page
Red: Eyebrow Menu
Green: Page Title Bar
Yellow: Content Area, also referred to as the Post Content/Page Content
Pages Tree View
We recommend using the Page Tree View to edit and create pages. You can access the page tree view in the Dashboard under Pages > Tree View. The Page Tree view will show all of the pages on the site in a hierarchy tree and has tools that make page creation easier.
- You might see a “No Posts Found” message.
- If so, select the “Public” hyperlink above the message. This will display the entire outline
- To access/edit your pages, Navigate to your section of the site by clicking the little triangle to the left of the appropriate branch of pages. This will expand that branch to reveal child pages
- Although you can see all pages, you will only have permissions to edit your page & any page under it (child pages)
Using Pages Tree View
- When mousing over a page title a menu will appear
- Edit: Will open the editor for that page
- View: Will navigate to the public view of that page
- Add After: Creates a page a the same hierarchy level, after the selected page
- Add Inside: Creates a page one level down in the hierarchy (a sub page/child page)
- Selecting either after or inside will reveal publishing options
Creating Pages in Tree View
- While mousing over a page in Tree View, click “After” or “Inside” under “Add New Page” to create new pages based on the details of each above
- enter the name for your new page. When you do, additional title boxes will appear to create as many pages as you need.
- Select a Position if you haven’t already (by clicking “After” or “inside” under “Add new page”, the position should’ve automatically corresponded)
- Select a Status. You have 2 options
- Draft: Will create the page(s), but not publish it. This means you will have the opportunity to work on the page before it’s available to the public. This also means that the page cannot be added to menus until it has been published. Drafts are denoted in Pages Tree View by an orange “Draft” label before the title of the page (see left)
- Published: Will immediately publish your page(s).
- click “Add” to add the page(s), or “Cancel” to cancel the operation. Once you click Add, you’ll be taken to the edit screen of the first created page.
NOTE: You may also click and drag pages to rearrange them.
NOTE: Your editing privileges depend on the correct placement of pages. Make sure that pages you create, are children of pages you have permission to edit. You can confirm this by looking under “Page Attributes” on the right side of any page in edit mode. The “Parent” dropdown should have the correct parent page selected. For example, if you have access to the Research section of the site, you need to ensure that “Research” is listed as a parent on the page’s Page Attributes. (see right)