CRWG promotes collaborative, multidisciplinary research related to women and gender, with an emphasis on work, health and culture. In addition to research conducted within the university community, the Center collaborates with a range of other Chicago organizations to assist them in developing their evaluation and research programs.
The Center’s mission is to produce improved understanding of the lives of women and the role of gender in society. Center staff members view research activities as collaborations in which all partners work towards the same goal.
- The 2022 Alice J. Dan Award Recipient Announced!
- Pauline Maki, PhD, has been named Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs with the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Full story can be found here.
- In response to the current COVID-19 public health crisis, CRWG has developed a COVID-19 Maternal and Child Health Resource Guide.
- Dr. Stacie Geller is a Co-PI of a U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services HRSA grant awarded to UIC and IDPH for a $9.5M project to improve maternal health outcomes.
- Congratulations to Dr. Stacie Geller on being selected as UIC’s College of Medicine’s 2019 Innovator of Today award.
- Congratulations to Dr. Leslie Carnahan on her recent research faculty appointment at UIC’s School of Public Health. CRWG wishes her well in her new role!
- Congratulations to Dr. Kristine Zimmermann on her recent research faculty appointment at UIC’s College of Medicine – Rockford and the School of Public Health. CRWG wishes her well and will miss her dedication and efforts as CRWG’s Assistant Director.
- Congratulations to Caitlin Garland and Ashley Horne on their promotion to Senior Research Specialist working on the HRSA I PROMOTE Illinois project.
- Congratulations to Alexia Ng, MPH candidate in the Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics/Global Health concentration and Graduate Assistant, CRWG, on her scholarship through the Paul Levy Memorial Student Support Fund for her professional development/travel.
- Recent publications from The Illinois Rural Cancer Assessment team:
- Journal of Health and Social Behavior, “Cancer-Related Debt and Mental Health-Related Quality of Life among Rural Cancer Survivors: Do Family/Friend Informal Caregiver Networks Moderate the Relationship?”
- Journal of Rural Health, Understanding Posttreatment Patient-Provider Communication and Follow-Up Care Among Self-Identified Rural Cancer Survivors in Illinois
- Research Survey for Rural Cancer Survivors and Caregivers
- Center of Excellence in Women’s Health
- Alice J. Dan Dissertation Award
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women’s Health (BIRCWH)
- Global Women’s Health
- Community Women’s Health
- Women’s Health Research Day