- CRISPR technology to cure sickle cell disease at UICby Lori Botterman on January 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
UIC will be participating in clinical trials to cure severe red blood congenital diseases such as sickle cell anemia or Thalassemia by safely modifying the DNA of patients' blood cells using CRISPR technology.
- UIC reports record $410 million in annual sponsored research awardsby Lori Botterman on January 14, 2021 at 8:00 pm
The $410 million represents a 7% increase over fiscal year 2019 and 22% increase over fiscal year 2018 and provides support for approximately 9,400 faculty, students and staff, working on 1,800 different research projects.
- Student competitors get set for national Clarion Caseby Lori Botterman on December 21, 2020 at 4:09 pm
Health sciences students practice interdisciplinary skills
- Study in mice shows genes may be altered through drug repurposingby Lori Botterman on December 17, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Research shows normal genes may be enhanced to make up for non-functional copy genes.
- UIC opens second COVID-19 vaccine trialby Jacqueline Carey on December 8, 2020 at 3:09 pm
Study to test vaccine candidate developed by Janssen
- Drug for rare disorder shows promise for treating herpes virusesby Lori Botterman on December 7, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Drug also reduces side effects of common herpes treatment
- Researchers use genomics to identify diabetic retinopathy factorsby Lori Botterman on December 7, 2020 at 2:45 pm
UIC researchers identify new approach that can be used as a template to study other diseases.
- Study shows protective role sex steroids play in COVID-19by Lori Botterman on November 24, 2020 at 2:00 pm
Female reproductive steroids may protect against COVID-19 symptoms.
- Pediatric team ships 200 Thanksgiving gratitude boxesby Jacqueline Carey on November 19, 2020 at 5:41 pm
When their annual Thanksgiving celebration is canceled, UI Health finds another way to celebrate with patients
- UIC launches three COVID-19 clinical trials for blood clot preventionby Jacqueline Carey on November 18, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Researchers help design, implement all three national NIH studies