Are you a current UI COM student? Are you struggling or having a hard time balancing life with your coursework? Do you wish you had a fellow student to talk to who understands what you are going through?
Then you have come to the right place! The Wellness Advising Program is a peer advising program at the UI COM. Wellness advisors are available to you at any time through the program for emotional support.
What is a Wellness Advisor?
- We are medical students available to provide emotional support for other medical students
- Anyone in the UI COM can contact us when they need a friend to talk to who understands how difficult balancing the stress of life and med school can be
- We are aware of resources available at UI COM and can assist others in finding the help they need
- We are not therapists, counselors, tutors or academic advisors
- We will do our best to maintain confidentiality, but if we are concerned about a student’s safety, confidentiality will understandably be broken
- Expect a response from us within 24 hours. We are happy to talk via e-mail, to exchange phone numbers, or set up a time to meet in person
Please note that the student wellness committee members are a resource for you and you can ask them any questions. To reach out, please refer to the Student Wellness Committee page for members and their contact information.
If you need immediate assistance you can contact the wellness coordinators or your OSA advisor.