COM-UHP Strategic Priorities
Below are the College of Medicine Urban Health Program STRATEGIC PRIORITIES (2012-2016):
- Provide innovative leadership and serve as advocates for underrepresented groups in the following areas at UICCOM: recruitment, admissions, health equity & medical education, and career development.
- Facilitate the development of a culturally-sensitive healthcare workforce through research and education to develop leaders who advance health equity.
- Be a valued resource of data about underrepresented and disadvantaged groups at UIC-COM.
- Conduct and present research data in areas relevant to the educational needs of underrepresented and disadvantaged students in medical education at UIC-COM.
- Foster and sustain a culture within COM-UHP and UIC-COM that promotes and supports diversity, inclusion, leadership and academic excellence.
- Develop and foster a network of professional mentors.
- Maximize alumni development initiatives.
- Conduct continuous quality improvements/rigorous program review.