PREREQUISITES AND PLACEMENT IN THE CURRICULUM: Students must have completed the M3 Core Clerkship in Family Medicine.
PURPOSE: Experience inpatient adult medicine within a family practice context.
• Provide care for a panel of 4 to 5 adult inpatients under supervision of senior residents and attending physicians;
• Improve skills in history taking, physical examination, and assessment and management of medical inpatients;
• Provide medical care with behavioral aspects of inpatient medicine and attention to pre- and post-hospitalization outpatient issues.
INSTRUCTIONAL FEATURES: :
• Attending physician teaching rounds 5 mornings each week;
• Intensive faculty rounds with journal article distribution and discussion twice weekly;
• Direct patient care with supervision and teaching by senior Family Practice resident;
• Reading medical texts in a case-based manner;
• Weekly internal medicine conferences and one half-day per week Family Practice conferences.
• Ongoing feedback by supervising residents;
• Evaluation by supervising attending physician for each week of rotation as well as supervising faculty.
Program Number: ELEC 938
Program Director: M.Brown, M.D., Dan Wallace (coordinator)
Telephone: 708-857-7059 , 773-296-7079
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration: 4 Weeks
Night Call: 4-5
Weekends (Call): Yes
Students Accepted: 1
Housestaff Used as Faculty: Yes
Lectures/Conferences/Faculty Contact: 10
Total Hours /Week: 40
Note: Clinical electives at Advocate hospitals (ACMC, AIMMC, ALGH) are only available to students from LCME and AOA accredited institutions.