Students enrolled at University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) have access to a wide range of services including early treatment of illness and injury, prevention, nutrition education, health promotion/outreach services. There is no co-payment or charge for covered services when obtained at the Family Medicine Center.
The Family Medicine Center provides the following services to all students when medically necessary and appropriate and rendered on site in our center:
- Preventive health care services
- Basic gynecologic preventive care at approved intervals
- Common sexually transmitted infection screen and care, (including HIV testing and counseling)
- Contraception with Student Formulary covered medications (pharmacy charges minimal co-pay); Pregnancy counseling and Urine Testing
- Screening vision and hearing testing as provided by Family Medicine
- Physical exams and PPD skin testing as required by the students' college
- Administration of student provided Desensitization Injectables
- Tetanus booster when indicated
- Acute care services when rendered during office hours (available 9:00 to 4:30, Monday-Friday and 9:00 to 12:00 on Saturday)
- The following lab services when ordered by Family Medicine and covered under student health:
- STD care: HIV, GC, Chlamydia
- Basic Gynecologic Care: Urine Pregnancy Test, KOH/Saline (when done on site)
- General Care: Cholesterol screening at approved intervals
Students can call our center at (312) 996-2901 to schedule an appointment.
The student health fee in your tuition DOES NOT pay for:
- Care provided that is not included on the above list
- Care provided outside the Family Medicine Center
- Travel immunizations
- The cost of immunizations other than an indicated tetanus shot (booster)
- Care by other specialties or hospital care
What do you do if the service you need is not covered by student health? (See CampusCare).
The Family Medicine Center recommends you check with your health insurance carrier (Campus Care or equivalent alternative) prior to having any care provided that is not covered by your student health fee in your tuition.
The Family Medicine Center is the primary provider of services under CampusCare. CampusCare or your own pivate insurance plan will cover many additional services offered by Family Medicine.