The research programs of the Department—which directly benefit patients. Your gifts benefit the department’s mission of providing world-class patient care, education and training to serve future generations, and the discovery of new techniques, technology and treatments to improve the health of all through creative innovation and cutting-edge research. Such investigations have been made possible through the generosity of our patients and donors.
Contributions can be made in support of the Department of Surgery or can be restricted to benefit the work of a specific surgeon or a specific division within the Department of Surgery. Every penny of your donation will go directly to the project you wish to support. Thank you for your partnership.
Have questions about philanthropic giving to the Department of Surgery?
Contact Us.The Department of Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago has built a reputation for excellence unsurpassed by any health care institution in the world. Philanthropy allows to continue its ongoing efforts as a leader in innovative and compassionate treatment, groundbreaking research, and cutting-edge education.
Why Give to the Department of Surgery?
Guided by its five core values of integrity, teamwork, respect, communication, and trust, the Department of Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago is committed to improving the lives of patients by providing excellent surgical care, research, and education. For over 75 years, surgeons at the Department of Surgery have been at the forefront of research and treatment of surgical diseases and have been sharing their expertise as they train the next generation of surgeons.
Your generous support makes it possible for the Department to continue its mission of advancing research and providing a better quality of life for people around the world.
There are four ways to support the Department of Surgery through charitable giving: unrestricted gifts, designated gifts, annual giving, memorials and tributes, endowments, and gift planning.
The Foundation staff is dedicated to finding the most efficient, personally satisfying and financially advantageous method for you to make your contribution. There are many different types of gifts to meet your personal, family and business objectives in conjunction with your long-term charitable goals.
You may make your donation online, by mail, or by calling 217-333-0810.
- Lloyd M. Nyhus Endowed Chair in Surgery
- Warren H. Cole Chair in Surgery
- The Theodore and Joanna Drugas Chair in Vascular Surgery
- Marion Schenk Endowed Chair in Surgical Oncology
- Turi Josefsen Chair in Colorectal Surgery
- Catherine and Francis Burzik Professorship in Wound Healing and Tissue Repair
- Jayant Radhakrishnan, MD Professorship in Pediatric Surgery
- Claudia “CJ” Kubinski and Tapas Das Gupta, MD Professorship in Surgical Oncology
- The Sara Smart Mansueto Professorship in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- C.&B. Frese and G. Moss Professor of Transplant Surgery
- Roohollah Sharifi Professorship in Surgical Education in the Department of Surgery
- UIC Face the Future Fund
- Chicago Diabetes Project
- Hahaj Study Fund
- Robotic Surgery Program
- Olga M Jonasson Award Endowment