1:30PM – 2:30PM Fellows’ Conference: Usually either a lecture given by a faculty member or a presentation given by an outside company. Held on every Tuesday of the month.
3PM – 5PM Conference(s):
· Every first Tuesday of the month: Fellows’ Lecture, given by one or more of the fellows.
· Every second Tuesday of the month: Combined Conference; UIC or external faculty presenter with the location rotating between UIC, Rush Hospital, and Stroger/Cook County Hospital.
· Every third Tuesday of the month: Research Seminar, given by TBD.
· Every fourth Tuesday of the month: Fellows’ Lecture, given by one or more of the fellows.
· Every fifth Tuesday of the month: Cases only, running from 3PM – 4PM (depending on the month).
Wednesday Conference(s) for Clinical/Research Fellows but Clinical Fellows Can attend
12:00PM – 1:00PM Journal Club: Meeting hosted by Division Chief to present and discuss journal articles and prominent research. This conference is for research/clinical fellows, but clinical fellows can attend if they want.
1:00PM – 2:00PM Thyroid Tumor Cancer Board: Third Thursday of the month, to discuss specialized cases. Times and locations can vary.
Annual Diabetes & Obesity Day: hosted by Dr. Unterman to present and discuss journal articles and prominent research on the second Tuesday of October.
Department of Medicine Scholarly Activities Day: Hosted annually