A leadership program that focuses on conceptual frameworks and practical applications in the breadth and depth of health professions education.
Better healthcare through effective and innovative health professions education leaders and scholars.
To produce exemplary leaders and scholars who will advance the field of health professions education in order to improve health care locally, regionally, and internationally.
- To provide health professions education leaders with a broad and rigorous foundation in the theory and practice of education.
- To provide healthcare organizations with effective and innovative leaders who will serve the needs of their communities.
- To provide the field of health professions education with scholars who will advance our understanding and practice of education in the health professions.
- Leadership in collaborative groups
- Evidence-based analysis of education issues
- Conflict resolution
- Self assessment
- Peer assessment
Teaching and Learning
- Use of adult education theories to teach and learn in active learning environments.
- Learning, teaching, and communicating online
- Small and large group teaching
- Skills for critical appraisal of the literature
- Information access and retrieval
- Using the Internet as a resource
Foundations of Education
- Planning education programs
- Program evaluation
Health professionals serving in or preparing for roles in:
Academia: faculty, department chairs, deans, curriculum coordinators, clinical training directors, and advanced trainees in leadership roles
Healthcare Organizations: educational leaders in hospitals, community healthcare organizations, accreditation agencies, and other health care organizations
Professional Societies: training directors, executive directors, liaisons for accreditation, or continuing education directors, or public policy directors
International Health Agencies: individuals in all the above-mentioned categories or ministry of health officials responsible for training