Honors & Awards 2005
- Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring Recognition Award, Essentials of Clinical Medicine Course (ECM 3-4) for 2nd year medical students, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Received the Bronze Award in the 2005 National Health Information Awards competition (category: Patient Education Information; subcategory: Magazine Article).
Guadalupe Montenegro, M. and Talsania, S.
- Received UIC DFM Outstanding Clinical Service Award.
- Elected First Vice President: Illinois Academy of Family Physicians.
- Mentioned as one of Chicago’s Most Influential in the Inaugural Edition of Who’s Who in Black Chicago.
- Received DFM Teacher of the Year Award.
- Elected Second Vice President: Illinois Academy of Family Physicians