For Fiscal Year 2016-17, the following annual stipends are granted to each resident based on their PGY level:
PGY1 Residents $52,680
PGY2 Residents $54,540
PGY3 Residents $56,400
Other resident benefits include:
- $750 educational support (CME funds) available in second and third year
- Paid certification courses: AAFP Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics Provider Course (ALSO), AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), & AHA Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS).
- Access to online medical resources, the UIC medical library & online journals
- Tuition waivers for graduate work at UIC. Options for training in the School of Public Health, including Master’s in Public Health, Master’s in Health Professionals Education, and others.
- Four weeks (20 week days) of paid vacation in each post graduate year
- Five additional days available in second and third year for educational conferences, workshops, seminars
- Resident presentations at conferences are eligible for additional funding.
- Maternity / Paternity Leave: Maternity or Paternity Leave may be taken as a combination of vacation and sick time.
- Potential accruals of vacation and sick time:
Vacation Days 20 Sick Days (1-3 yrs accrual) 24-72 Total 49-92
- Eligibility for comprehensive health care and dental care coverage (nominal monthly fee)
- Supplemental stipend for partial coverage of dependents enrolled in health care/dental care plan
- Access to campus-based child care
- Long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance benefit of one year’s stipend
- Enrollment in the tax-deferred State University Retirement System (SURS)
- Professional liability insurance while performing educational duties
- Employee Assistance Services for counseling and referral services
- Lab coats, scrubs and laundry service
- Meal allowance
For additional information regarding resident benefits, please visit the UIC Graduate Medical Education benefits information site.