Web Communications (COMWEB)
Developing and maintaining your web presence
To help units create and maintain a web presence, the College of Medicine has invested in a content management system (CMS). The CMS provides built-in templates and easy-to-use tool bars. Now, individuals with little or no knowledge in programming or markup languages can easily maintain content on their own, as opposed to relying on a webmaster. In addition to ease of use, this system also preserves the College of Medicine branding across all sites. The CMS is administered by the Web Communications Coordinators.
About the CMS
All College of Medicine staff and faculty may use the CMS, free of charge, to build and maintain websites within the College of Medicine environment. We are constantly working to add new options and tools to the CMS system, and have several improvements in the works right now.
- In-person individual and group CMS training
- Consultation regarding site development, architecture, expansion, and migration
- Back end administration: accounts, editor changes etc.
- Assistance with university web standards and policies
- Resolving departmental tickets and bug issues
- Answers to general web-related inquires
- For assistance and questions, please email email@example.com
- To request an account use this form